Just as Sri Krishna is the source of all incarnations, in the same way Srimati Radharani is also the form of all the Goddesses like Laxmi ji, Rukmini, and Satyabhama. It is the original nature that renders its sweet and loving service to the Lord in both the material and spiritual worlds. The Triveni of Krishna’s devotion, love, and rasa flows in the heart, then this mind becomes a pilgrimage and this Maha Bhava is called Radha Bhava (the highest faith of Krishna love is Radha Bhava).
Rādhā is a Sanskrit term meaning “prosperity, success, perfection and wealth”. Radhashtami is celebrated annually in the month of the Bhadra which is celebrated 15 days after Krishna Janmashtami, the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna.
How Radharani Appeared On This Dhara Dham.
Nandbaba and Yashoda Maiya lived in Nandgaon and Vrishbhanu and Kirtida Maiya lived in Barsana (Raval), these two families were close friends. When Virishbanu Maharaj went to take a bath before sunrise, he saw a big light in the pool. When he went near, he saw that this golden light was coming from a lotus, after taking a closer look, he realized that the light was coming from a beautiful girl inside the lotus. Vrishbanu Maharaj was really happy to see that girl. At that time Brahma ji appeared and he gave many blessings – “You had done penance to get the inner power of Lord Krishna in the form of a daughter that is why you have received Srimati Radharani in the form of a daughter. Now you take her home and nurture her with love.” Vrishbhanu Maharaj brought Radharani home but after realizing that this girl neither opens her eyes nor speaks Vrishabhanu Maharaj was filled with sorrow. Then Narad Muni ji came there and told him to celebrate the Kanya utsav. Vrishabhanu Maharaj does the same and organizes a Grand Festival. Nandbaba, Yashoda Maiya, and their young kids Krishna and Balaram also came to be a part of that festival. Then Krishna, who is a small child, slowly reaches the chalet on his knees, near Radharani, and touches her. As soon as Krishna touches her, Radharani opens her eyes and starts crying. All the people came running and Vrishabhanu Maharaj and Kirtida Maiya got overwhelmed that their daughter had opened her eyes.
Radharani Pranam Mantra
tapta-kāñcana-gaurāńgi rādhe vṛndāvaneśvari
vṛṣabhānu-sute devī praṇamāmi hari-priye
I offer my respects to Rādhārāṇī, whose bodily complexion is like molten gold and who is the Queen of Vṛndāvana. You are the daughter of King Vṛṣabhānu, and You are very dear to Lord Kṛṣṇa.
Ashtasakhis– Radharani’s eight sakhis were an integral part of her childhood and youth. Out of all the eight sakhis – Lalita Sakhi and Vishakha sakhis were the prominent ones. During Krishna’s pastimes in Vrindavan, Radharani spent time with her feminine counterpart. The Srimad Bhagwatam and six Goswami in Vrindavan tell us how they eternally enjoy each other’s company and how they were always making plans to meet.
Srimati Radharani who was the most beautiful always enchanted Krishna, and on the other hand, Krishna was always the Enchanter of Srimati Radharani.
25 Qualities Of Srimati Radharani
1) She is the sweetest.
2) She is a beautiful young girl.
3) Her eyes are mesmerizing.
4) She always has a bright smile on her face.
5) She possesses all auspicious marks on her body.
6) She can agitate Krishna by her personality.
7) She is an expert at singing.
8) Her every word contains a sense of sweetness within her.
9) She is really attractive.
10) She is down to earth and gentle.
11) She is always very forgiving.
12) She has a lot of spiritual and religious knowledge.
13) She knows how to dress nicely.
14) She is very shy.
15) She respects everyone.
16) She is always patient and calm.
17) She is brave.
18) She is a good companion to Krishna.
19) She is always situated on the highest devotional platform.
20) The residents of Gokula adore her.
21) She gives shelter to all kinds of devotees.
22) She is always affectionate towards her superiors and inferiors.
23) She is the greatest amongst Krishna’s companions.
24) She is obliged by the dealings of her associates.
25) She holds power over Krishna.
10 Transcendental Name Of Srimati RadhaRani
2. She is dear to Lord Damodara
3. She is Lord Damodara’s greatest worshiper
4. She is the daughter of King Vrsabhanu.
5. She is the crowning garland of Mallika flowers on the braided hair of all the gopis.
6. She is the first of Krishna’s beloveds
7. She is also an expert at singing and music.
8. She is Lalita’s friend
9. She is delighted with the friendship of Visakha.
10. She is the flower blossom that attracts the black bee of Lord Hari’s heart.
Pleasing Radharani – The Goal Of Human Life
The goal of our life should be to take shelter only under the lotus feet of Sri Krishna and for that, we should have perseverance, concentration, focus, and determination. The best example of this is Srimati Radharani Ji by adopting whose love and devotion, Sri Krishna himself came 500 years from today in the form of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and preached Hari Naam Sankirtana which according to Srimad Bhagavatam is the simplest means of the benevolence of mankind in Kaliyuga. So came the powerful mantra of this Kalyuga:
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna,Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare,
Hare Rama, Hare Rama,Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Make this mantra an essential part of your life because there is no other such powerful and effective mantra. With a simple heart, call upon the Lord with a selfless spirit and by taking refuge in him to attain the perfection of this human life.