A lot of the teachings of Lord Krishna that we have read and know about, we have got from the Bhagwad Gita. The Gita, in essence, is a collection of all the important philosophical discourses from the time of Mahabharata. It includes divine words and teachings by Lord Krishna himself, which he gave to the Pandava warrior prince-Arjuna, who was hesitant to fight his cousins, uncles and friends on the battlefield. These words and texts are quite significant in their meaning and sense they hold, and to call them just words of courage to a young price from Krishna is akin to foolishness. In Advice of Lord Krishna mentioned it, is noteworthy because it contains what one can believe, a lifetime’s teachings that was said to suffice for all the souls that would be born over the centuries, and those with or without faith.
There is lot that can be learned from these teachings, however, there are certainly a number of specific texts and examples that can be called relevant and very much useful in today’s time, in the entire world. Reading it, one would get the best and most impactful teachings one can ever receive and get educated in ways of the world selflessly and effectively.
What are some of the Important Advice of Lord Krishna that Stays Relevant till Date?
To select a few and disregard the rest is not what you should intend to do when reading Lord Krishna’s many teachings. However, there are some that have retained their relevance in full effect:
- The first important phrase to understand and remember is the one where Arjuna understands, through Lord Krishna’s teachings, that the human soul is eternal like a circle. No one can actually kill him, and therefore, he has no need to feel worried or fearful on the battlefield, in life. You can learn to be fearless and brave, live your lives respectfully, for you’re a mortal but your conscience, your soul is not.
- Arjuna was educated by Lord Krishna about how he’s a mortal; a person who has been born empty handed, and will be empty-handed when he finally dies. From this, you can understand that everything you have is from God and everything you lose, or give, goes back to God himself. This teaches you to be selfless and not be engrossed in materials too much, because you won’t have them at the two most important times of your life, ever.
- Another one of such important advice of Lord Krishna was that when he educated Arjuna about how reaching great goals aren’t impossible. Easier paths to the goal instead of obstacles are what prevent him from attaining them. From this, we can learn that there are no shortcuts to reaching our destiny, and to reach it, no obstacle can ever stop you if you are willing to struggle for it.
Apart from these, there are many snippets and important texts that you can read from the Bhagwad Gita which contains all of Lord Krishna’s teachings. You’ll find most of them to be quite insightful, and highly relevant to what you face from day to day. With these teachings by your side, you’ll be able to understand life’s meaning, the ultimate truth and many such important aspects of your mind and soul if you are determined enough.
In Hindu religion, the great Lord Krishna holds a very important place. In fact, Lord Krishna considered as one of the most enigmatic deities. He is the only Hindu deity who is worshipped all around the world. Lord Krishna’s teachings and thoughts are sufficient to change someone’s life positively. This is the only reason why people of different countries have such a deep faith in him. The credit of spreading his teachings all across the world goes to the great Srila Prabhupada who was the founder of ISKCON. Now, ISKCON Dwarka and other ISKCON communities are trying to take his initiative one step further.
Interesting facts about Lord Krishna’s 80 sons
Lord Krishna has a very mysterious personality. One of the most interesting facts of Krishna is that he married around 16, 108 wives. As per the sayings, each wife gave birth to 10 children and each child had some features of Lord Krishna! But, out of 16,108, there were only 8 queens. So, the question is that how many sons of Lord Krishna had? Today we are going to discuss all those 8 queens and their 80 sons. Let’s get started:
Names of 80 sons:
He got 8 queens named Rukmini, Satyabhama, Kalindi, Lakshmana, Bhadra, Nagnajiti, Jambavati, and Mitravinda. Following are the names of 80 sons of Lord Krishna from these wives:
- Rukmini: Charu, Charu Deshna, Charudeha, Charuchandra, Bhadracharu, Vicharu, Sudeshna, Sucharu, Charugupta, and Pradyumna.
- Satyabhama: Bhanu, Swabhanu, Subhanu, Bhanumaan, Prabhanu, Atibhanu, Pratibhanu, Shribhanu, Bruhadbhanu, and Chandrabhanu.
- Kalindi: Kavi, Subahu, Shanti, Purnamas, Vrush, Somak, Veer, Bhadra, Shrut, and Darsh.
- Lakshmana: Prabal, Bal, Oja, Sah, Aparajit, Prabodh, Simha, Gatravaan, Mahashakti, and Urdhvag.
- Bhadra: Satyak, Shoor, Arijit, Vaam, Jay, Aayu, Sangramjit, Praharan, Bruhatsen, and Subhadra.
- Nagnajiti: Kunti, Vegavaan, Aam, Veer, Vasu, Ashwasen, Vrush, Shanku, Chandra, and Chitragu.
- Jambavati: Vijay, Krutu, Samba, Sumitra, Dravin, Shatajit, Purujit, Vasuman, Shasrajit, and Chitraketu.
- Mitravinda: Harsh, Kshudhi, Anand, Vruk, Mahash, Paavan, Anil, Varddhan, Vanhi, and Grudhra.
Samba: Lord Krishna’s most notorious son
We all know that Lord Krishna is famous for his admirable nature. But, it is really hard to believe that his sons were not so popular. One of his son named Samba has a very small role in the battle of Mahabharata. Most of the people resembled him as Lord Krishna, but Lord Krishna felt that he is more like Lord Shiva in many aspects.
Pradyumna: Ended the story of devil Sambara
He is another son of Lord Krishna who holds an interesting yet unknown story. It is said that he is the only power behind the death of Sambara. He cut off the head of Sambara with his sword. This is how he gathered some fame and recognition and this incident adds some new interesting facts of Krishna’s sons.
We all know that Lord Krishna is the name of a power that can convert every negative thought into the positive one. His teachings and sayings can vanish the evil spirits very easily. If you want to know more about Lord Krishna and about his teachings, then ISKCON Dwarka is the perfect spot for you.
According to a report released by WHO, malnutrition due to food scarcity and starvation affects large portions of the Indian population. Despite being an agrarian country, and one of the largest exporters of food crops, we haven’t been successful in eliminating this problem the poor people suffer from in our country. As we progress, we should be more interested in contributing to initiatives that aim to give a solution to this problem of malnutrition. The Food Relief Foundation is a very important and necessary initiative by Iskcon Dwarka. It’s gained a lot of momentum since its inception and aims to reduce and wipe out malnutrition in India and in the world.
What began in India, as part of an inspiration by A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami, with its roots and origin have soon spread worldwide and to different countries. The ISKCON Food for Life has been lauded all over by International entities and individuals like the New York Times, Vegetarian Times, by Nelson Mandela, Paul McCartney, etc.
As a result, the foundation has found a foothold in the world for supplying food prepared from vegan and vegetarian crops and products.
Following are some notable developments and changes the ISKCON Food Relief Foundation has seen unfold since it was conceived back in 1974:
- You may know about how temples usually take it upon themselves to feed the poor and hungry near the temples. It is this idea of A.C Swami that inspired many members of ISKCON along with the volunteers to begin and spread a global network of providing food and aid for the needy in every country it went to.
- Since the early 1990s Food for Life volunteers have distributed food in the warring countries of Chechnya and Bosnia, to the recent developments like the 2005 Hurricane Katrina, Pakistan Earthquake, 2015 Nepal Earthquake, and have always reached, often times the first, to provide them with blankets, vegetarian food, etc.
- The Annamrita program is another affiliate program of the Food for Life initiate, started by the ISKCON Food Relief Foundation. This has a particular focus on the eradication of malnutrition among children and poor students.
- For example, the Mid-day Meal scheme, initiated by the Indian government is largely supported by Annamrita as a major partner in providing great community service.
(Also Read: THE SECRET OF HAPPINESS IS TO DO CHARITY )
Why should you consider donating to the Food for Life Global cause by ISKCON?
- Ever since the Food Relief Foundation received international attention and gained popularity and support globally, many notable individuals have contributed in making this effort even more successful. This includes Chef Manav Paul whose contribution reduced the cost of production by 35%.
- By using energy in a much better way and obtaining seasonal vegetables, local grains, etc, Food for Life became increasingly efficient. For instance, the initiative is now able to serve a hot and nourishing meal for around 6.4 rupees or 10 cents. To explain that in a broader picture, your mere donation of a 100$ or 6500 rupees will be more than enough to serve a thousand meals.
- It is only through acts like these that the volunteers and concerned citizens will be able to liberate the poverty stricken people from this vicious cycle of malnutrition and hunger. A small or a large donation by you would go a long way and affect a lot more lives than you can do alone by yourself.
ISKCON Dwarka is one such temple where you can donate for helping them reach this collective goal of eliminating starvation, hunger and helping those suffering from them. Out of all the non-profit food relief foundations out there, no other can claim the level of efficiency and quality at the same time that ISKCON provides. You can donate for this cause in any way you may prefer, regardless of where you live or stay.
In Hinduism, fasting is a way of making the human body a subject of rituals that are a need and part of worshipping God and Ekadashi is one such fast. During the worship of God, a lot of rituals are performed depending upon the king and deity being worshipped. Fasting is also a part of it. Well, this phenomenon of purifying one’s mind body and soul is not merely restricted to the supernatural world of the soul but finds its relevance in the scientific application of the metabolism and other biological operations. This art of worshipping and pleasing the deity is being practiced since the ancient times and is prevalent in the modern world as well. Fasting lets you go on a spiritual journey and purify your conscious soul. Fasting not only means restricting a complete diet but involves standard hygiene practices. Fruits and milk can be taken by a person who is fasting. There are numerous short stories associated with fasting and are present in the sacred and holy text of Hinduism. There are a lot of scientific parameters of fastening. Researchers have found the biological effects of fastening on the human body. A lot of people are not aware of it but it is their faith that makes them keep such fast.
Why Ekadashi fasting?
The answer to this question can be answered very well by the worshippers of Lord Vishnu. The Ekadashi fast benefits are meant to those who have faith and worship Lord Vishnu. It is considered to be amongst the most fruitful fasts in the Hindu mythology. Ekadashi fast benefits can bring you peace harmony and prosperity.
Know More about the Ekadashi Fast
Ekadashi fast means eleven and it falls every month on some phases of the moon resulting in the high and low tide of the sea. Overall there are 24 Ekadashi in a year and they are of prime importance for the worshippers of Lord Vishnu.
Ever wondered why Ekadashi fasting is so important?
Ekadashi was the name given to a Goddess who was one of the creations of Lord Vishnu. According to the mythological tail Demon, Mura was to be defeated for the sake of peace which was done by Ekadashi. Getting pleased with her act of killing the demon lord Vishnu endowed her that if a person will observe the fast of Ekadashi then he will be able to free himself from all the sins and impurities of mind and will surely get Moksha which is considered by people as one of the Ekadashi fast benefits. Thus, Ekadashi fast is a very special and prominent fast till date.
Ekadashi fast benefits for the worshippers of Vishnu
Fasting on the day of Ekadashi is equivalent of visiting any place of pilgrimage. The merit of this fast is considered to be the well-known Aswamedha sacrifice. The Ekadashi day in the month is purely dedicated to those who want mental peace and stability. If you want to get rid of all your sins and purify your body, mind, and soul, then these Ekadashi fasting benefits are made for you. Ekadashi fast not only cleans your soul but also make your body detoxified and make the body metabolism good. Worshippers of Lord Vishnu are aware of the fast of Ekadashi. Ultimate salvation, prosperity, and a religious faith are some of the Ekadashi fast benefits.
Lord Krishna is one of the most affable incarnations of Lord Vishnu, not only in India but all across the globe. He came to the earth as the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. According to the Hindu Mythology, Lord Krishna was born in Dwaparyuga. Lord Krishna is the epitome of bliss and love who can remove all your sins and pains if worshipped dedicatedly. In his childhood days, he was also called as cowherd’s boy who used to love butter and curd. Lord Krishna has been depicted as the essential source of all knowledge in the Vedic Literature. There are different incarnations of Lord Krishna mentioned in the Vedic Literature and therefore, there are different names of Lord Krishna.
Read More Know About Different Names of Lord Krishna
Lord Krishna is the 8th form of Lord Vishnu who is worshipped all across the globe with a great devotion. As the name itself means, “all-attractive”, Lord Krishna has the ability to attract everyone with his charming aura. His divine lotus like feet is considered as the ultimate goal for all his devotees. In Vedic literature, the Lord Krishna is described as the vital source of all knowledge and therefore, his teachings are there is the sacred book, Bhagwad Gita. Vedas talk about the different incarnations of Lord Krishna. People all across the globe follow his principles mentioned in Bhagwad Gita to live a peaceful and happy life. But there are some unknown facts about Lord Krishna that no one is aware of. Read this blog to know unrevealed facts related to Lord Krishna’s life.
Read More 5 Unknown Facts about Lord Krishna that Everyone Should Know
The rational intellect can’t make a person a better human being on this earth. It may be good for gaining material wealth but the qualities like unconditional love, self honesty, joy, humility and modesty in a human being are achieved only through the spirituality.
Read More What is Spiritualism and Why to attain it in this World?
India is an ancient civilization. Its culture and heritage is richer than all the nations that grace the planet Earth today. In fact it would not be an exaggeration to say that India is the cradle of civilization and the entire world in one form or the other owe their religious and cultural values to this ancient land. One gem that India produced and that went on to enlighten the whole world in a manner unique to itself was Srila Prabhupada. This holy man of giant stature did single headedly what millions of Krishna bhakts could not have done in their entire lifetimes.
Read More Everything you Should Know about Srila Prabhupada
From long tiring working routine, where you need to refresh your body, it is also essential to refresh your soul that runs your body. To understand how to refresh or pamper your soul, you first need to understand the term “spirituality” in a broader way. Spirituality connects your soul to the God and helps in bringing peace, happiness, love, and compassion in your life. It has been found in some surveys that Americans are nowadays becoming more spiritual and thus, live a peaceful and happy life. Spirituality is linked to your soul as well as your physical health. Therefore, you need to understand the importance of spiritualism in your life. In this blog, you may learn the reasons and benefits of attending seminars on Spiritualism and how they influence your life.
Read More Reasons why Seminars on Spiritualism is Beneficial in your Life
Only the distinction between the living soul and the dead body — anyone can perceive. What is the distinction between a living body and the dead body? When a man is dead, he, his relatives cry, lament: “Oh, my father has gone,” “My son has gone.”
But the father, as we have seen, he’s lying on the floor. Where he has gone? He’s lying on the floor. Why you are crying: “Oh, my father has gone away”? That means the person who has gone away, who has left this body, you have not, never seen. You have seen this body. So the body is lying there, and why you are crying, “My father has gone away”? So any intelligent man can understand that the real father, within the body, was a different thing. But our ignorance is so great that we accept this body, this dead body, as my father. This body is not only dead now, it was always dead. Because the living soul was there, within this dead body, it was moving. This is the fact. Just like a nice motorcar is running. But when the driver is not there, the motor is lying there, idle. If one identifies with the motorcar, the driver of the car, that is foolishness. Yasyatma-buddhih kunape tri-dhatuke [SB 10.84.13]. Anyone who is identifying this dead body, or this material body, which is a composition of tri-dhatuka, kapha-pitta-vayu, some blood, flesh, and some secretion, and some bones — if anyone identifies the self with this lump of matter, then he is described as no better than cow and ass.